The position reports to the Manager: Internal Audit
Purpose of the Position:
To provide assurance and consulting services to the Fund.
Key Performance Area
- Plan, organise, conduct, and formally report on schedules for risk-based audits in accordance with the Annual audit plan.
- Conduct forensic audits and comprehensive investigations to address all issues relating to fraud and report back to aid management decision-making.
- Assist in developing internal audit methodology and procedures.
- Assist with the improvement implementation plans.
- Provide advice to the various users, regarding control and risk management.
- Assist information systems auditors with specific systems audits.
- Provide audit assistance services for risk management processes.
- Maintain audit efficiencies and service levels.
- Provide audit report feedback to various stakeholders via the Head of departments.
- Assist risk management with a fraud awareness program.
Job-related Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Accounting/Internal Auditing or equivalent with majors in financial accounting and auditing from a recognized institution
- A certificate in Forensics will be an added advantage.
- A CIA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum five (5) years of working experience in an internal auditing environment of which one (1) year must be in forensic auditing.
- A driver’s licence
- IIA Membership.
The incumbent should have the following knowledge, skills and Attributes:
Knowledge of: Annual business plans and budget, audit reporting, budget and cash flow forecasts, corporate governance, financial and forensic auditing, financial and variance analysis, fraud and what constitutes fraud, pension fund rules, relevant legislations, rules act, policies, procedures, and regulations, ESG framework, risk assessment, systems audits, system functionalities and procedures, IIA international professional practice framework, corporate governance, investments framework
Skill: Advising, audit administration, budgeting, conflict resolution, decision making, evaluation, feedback, financial, interpersonal communication, listening, leadership, presentation, report writing, interviewing, investigating, prevention, detecting, deterrence and data analytical skills
Personal Attributes: Approachable, trustworthy, reliable, professional, motivating, emotionally mature, ethical, confidential, honest, stress management, patient, goal-directed, diligent, supportive and team player.
Closing Date: 28 September 2023